Cemented carbides (WC + Me, TiC + Me, TiCN + Me) have an exceptional set of properties, such as:
- high hardness;
- high crack resistance (much higher than ceramic materials);
- high strength (much higher than ceramic materials);
- high density (much higher than ceramic materials).
All these combinations make the material irreplaceable in production of wear-resistant products for the variety of industries.
The main applications are:
- bearings for pumps and compressors;
- rings of mechanical seals;
- elements of valves and stop valves;
- lining for protection from wear and corrosion;
- sorting wheels of various grinding machinery;
- crusher knifes;
- shafts of extruders (screws), nozzles of extruders (cores);
- drags, eyes, dies, thread guides;
- products for metallurgical industry;
- cutting tools;
- mining tools;
- road machinery tools;
- landing matrices;
- rollers for rolled steel products;
- matrices for the synthesis of diamonds;
- mold inserts.
Cemented carbide types vary by the content of the main (ceramic) phase (WC, TiC, TiCN, their mixture, etc.) and metallic binder (Co, Ni, etc.).