Ceramic rolling bodies (balls, rollers) for rolling bearings
Ceramic rolling elements for bearings have provided a new level of bearing performance and reliability. Thanks to unique properties of ceramic materials (primarily silicon nitride) it has been possible to significantly improve the durability and speed characteristics of bearings.
This effect is achieved due to the following properties:
- high hardness;
- low density (compared to steel);
- low coefficient of friction;
- high modulus of elasticity;
- electrophysical properties
The combination of these properties in rolling elements has the following positive effects on the rolling bearing:
- increase in speed characteristics;
- reduction of heat generation and power losses due to friction;
- extended service life;
- reduction of vibration loads;
- expansion of operation temperature range.