Silicon nitride (Si3N4) has an exceptional set of properties:
- high hardness;
- high corrosion resistance;
- low density;
- stability in a wide range of temperatures;
- precision machining capability.
All these combinations make the material irreplaceable in the production of corrosion-resistant, wear-resistant and heat-resistant products for a variety of industries.
The main applications are:
- bearings for pumps and compressors;
- ceramic plungers;
- balls for ball bearings;
- grinding bodies;
- elements of valves and stop valves;
- lining for protection from wear and corrosion;
- sorting wheels of various grinding machinery;
- shafts of extruders (screws), nozzles of extruders (cores);
- covers and tubes of thermocouples, rods;
- products for the paper and printing industry;
- furniture and lining of furnaces;
- substrates, plates;
- products for the metallurgical industry.
Basic properties of the material
|Properties||Brand of material|
|Isolated porosity, %||0|
|Bending strength, MPa||280-310|
|Compressive strength, MPa||3700-3900|
|Thermal conductivity at 20-100°С, W/mK||20-30|
|Coefficient of linear thermal expansion at 20-1000°С, 10-6К-1||2,6-3,3|
|Maximum operating temperature °С
Reducing or inert environment
Please feel free to contact our specialists on any related issue.