Substrates, wafers from technical ceramics for the electronics industry
- dies of ceramic printed circuit boards (PCB);
- substrates for metallization on thick-film and thin-film technologies;
- polished substrates for metallization on thin-film technology;
- substrates for LEDs, laser diodes;
- precision substrates for microwave integrated circuit and micro assemblies with a high density of holes and grooving for crystals;
- multiple boards for sets of resistors, rheostats, fuel level sensors, pressure, etc.;
- carriers of sensor circuit of poisonous substances, ionizing radiation, magnetic field, etc.;
- wafers for air ionizers and ozonizers ;
- insulating pads for removing heat from electronic components to the cooling radiator;
- protectors for elements of piezoelectric transducers;
- bases and holders of flat heating elements, crystals of high-power semiconductor devices;
- plates for thermoelectric modules (Peltier elements);
- screens for radio frequency plasma generators.
Application features of products from Alumina (Al2O3)
Alumina (Al2O3) has an excellent combination of material characteristics and the lowest cost. High mechanical strength, hardness, wear resistance, fire resistance, thermal conductivity, chemical inertia allow in some cases the replacement of more expensive materials to reduce the cost of production.
The content of Al2O3 varies from 96% to 99.7%, thickness from 0.25 mm. The surface can be grinned or polished, metallization and any geometry is possible.
Application features of products from Aluminum nitride (AlN)
Due to its excellent insulating properties, high thermal conductivity, strength and low coefficient of thermal expansion, aluminum nitride AlN is used in high-power electronic devices, insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBT), communication systems, LED indicators, passive components, cooling devices, direct connection of components on cooper-loaded solder. The content of AlN varies from 96% to 99.7%, thickness from 0.25 to 11 mm. Processing options for thin-film and thick-film structures: grinding finish and polished surface. Metallization and any geometry is possible.
Application features of products from Silicon nitride (Si3N4)
Silicon nitride (Si3N4) has exceptional mechanical properties at continuous thermal cycling, in deep vacuum, in the regime of increased friction and in other severe operating conditions. Excellent wear resistance and very high bending strength allow to make substrates 0.3 mm thick, which gives low values of thermal resistance (it can be compared with 1.0 mm thick aluminum nitride) while significantly improving the mechanical characteristics that are stable over a wide temperature range and other conditions of an aggressive environment.
Silicon nitride has high radiation resistance, corrosion resistance and considerable electrical strength compared to other ceramic materials.
|Characteristic / Material||Al2O3 96%||Al2O3 99,6%||AlN||Si3N4|
|Apparent density, g/cm3||3,7-3,8||3,8-3,9||3,3||3,5|
|Vicker’s hardness , GPa||16||21||11||15|
|Bending strength , MPa||500||400||320||750|
|Elasticity modulus, GPa||340||350||320||300|
|Thermal conductivity , W/(m·K)||24||28||180||55|
|Electric strength, KV/mm||15||10||16||36|
|Volume resistance, Ohm*m||>1012||>1012||>1012||>1012|